Joan Leong is a versatile communicator with experience in teaching, journalism, photography, television production, and content marketing.
- Joan Leong started her career as a speech drama and English enrichment teacher and emphasized the importance of clear communication.
- She grew up in a traditional Asian household that valued books and later became fascinated with television and digital photography.
- She worked as a photojournalist with The New Paper and the Associated Press, covering a range of events and stories.
- Joan ventured into television production, working on reality shows like “Eye for a Guy,” and producing shows for clicknetwork.tv, including “The Amazing Race” and “Cash Cab.”
- She gained in-depth knowledge of audience consumption patterns and behaviors during her stint at Mediacorp Channel 5 as head of commissioning.
- In recent years, she has worked in content marketing, producing digital branded content and evolving with changing content consumption needs.
- Joan has also worked as a photography instructor at Leica Akademie Singapore and volunteered as a photographer for the charity organization Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep.